Tuesday, July 24, 2018

My favorite things


My best part of this week had to be when I went to the beach with the Dominican kids. The kids were nice, playful and energetic. Since they all looked up to us they would listen to us.  My teammates and I would all play chicken with them because it seemed that it was their favorite game, and you don't even need to speak Spanish to understand what they wanted to do at the beach, which I thought was wholesome. Even when a counselor would go take a break they would start playing with each other and they never wanted to leave. That part of the week was the best and my favorite.

Maybe a tie with the beach was honestly picking up trash with the kids. As soon as I showed up they were around me and even when we went picking up trash I still had a little army cleaning up. About an hour later we went to have lunch and I gave a kid a drink flavor packet and about 3 minutes later all his friends came up to me wanting some because they have drink flavor packets like we do. It was just an eye opening experience for what little they have compared to us.                                                          
Submitted by Nick Pulizzi, 
Shenandoah County





No comments:

Post a Comment