Monday, July 23, 2018

Higuey

Today we visited a city called Higuey, which is the capital of the province of La Altagracia. We started off the day going through the farmers market. The smell was as exactly as I would have expected it for it being my third year visiting. I also saw an all-time trip record of 3 pig heads hanging in the market. Then we went to the many souvenir shops and bought souvenirs. The Dominican teens did what they could to talk the vendors down to selling their merchandise at a lower price. Then we had an amazing lunch at Welinton's parents home out in the country. The mangos and limoncillos were still amazing there.  There is nowhere else that I can get those in great quality. Then we went to Iberia, which was like the Walmart in the Dominican Republic. There, I bought some beverages for my room and two bags of potato chips. Over the years, I have enjoyed going to Higuey and seeing all of the interesting merchandise there and all the delicious food. I am already looking forward to returning there next year.

Submitted by Danny Cayelli, Fairfax County







































No comments:

Post a Comment