Friday, August 3, 2018

Final Reflection - Chandler Estep


If I had to describe this trip in one word, it would be amazing. For the past couple of days I have wanted to go back, to see the children, to see my friends, and most of all, to feel the satisfaction of giving back to such a loving group of people . The Dominican Republic has taught me to understand that life has its ups and downs, the unforgetting moments of despair, the hardship  
that is brought through adversity, but with the Dominicans, none of this matters. They are such a happy group of people and having the opportunity to go down to their country and give back to them is something I will never forget. This trip makes you realize that the world around us is not the same, it has similarities, but the all around atmosphere is not the same. It makes you
more fortunate for what you have and gives you a cultural shock. I can not say enough about this program and this is my second year doing it. I felt that I would not feel the same feelings as last year when working with the children, but I was incorrect, the cultural shock still hit me hard. I would like to thank everyone who put this trip together because it has honestly changed my life
forever and I will never forget the smiling faces of the children, the friends I made, and the communities we helped change.


Thank you,

Chandler Estep, Shenandoah County 

No comments:

Post a Comment