Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Dominican Feast and Dancing at the Giudicelli's



Our last night, at Joanna's home, was so amazing.  It felt like I was back home, but better. Everyone was so happy to be together, to spend time together. In America we don't really do that, spend time, dance, sing and just take in the moment. We usually just eat, watch TV, and not really talk. This was amazing it was just one big family, my Dominican friend, Ingrid, was trying to make me dance, in a very nice way. I didn't want to, but watching them dance having a good time to be around everyone, which was so awesome.



The food was so amazing. I tried the sweet plantain.  It wasn't my favorite, but its better to try than not to try. The chicken was so good and the spices and flavors were so good I wanted to eat more. I'm not sure, but I think the rice down there is way better than ours because you don't even need sauces or salt or pepper on it, was just so good.


I really want to go back there and feel the warmness again. The Dominican Republic was amazing and I want to come back again. I just love it, and everybody who comes along and helps out. Meeting the Dominican teens was so awesome.  I don't talk to a lot of people, but they just want to make more friends.  They were so nice and so understanding and so helpful. I learned some new words in Spanish.
 

Submitted by Rae Rush, Shenandoah County

















No comments:

Post a Comment